1. Two of our student’s project sanctioned by TNSCST has got "Best Project Model" held at National College, Tiruchirappalli on 21 Jul 2018
2. One of our Faculty has got Best Poster Presentation Award in the International Conference on Recent Advances in Food Processing Technology held at IIFPT, Thanjavur, on 17 - 19 August 2018
Mrs. C. Nirmala, Asst. Professor and Dr.M.Sridevi, Professor & Head, Department of Biotechnology presented poster in the International Conference on Recent Advances in food processing Technology on 17-19th August 2018 organized by Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanjavur. A total of 1517 posters were presented by Students, Research scholars and Faculty members from different colleges under the 8 themes of Non thermal Food Processing, Nanotechnology, Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Advanced Drying and Extraction Technologies, Food Preservation, Food Engineering, Food Safety, Quality and Testing, Food Science & Nutrition-I, Food Science & Nutrition-II. 172 poster abstracts were under the theme “Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods” and the research project entitled “Study of fatty acid profile and protein concentration in fish wastes and insilico evaluation of unsaturated fattyacids for mutant BRAF kinase inhibition” (Authors are C.Nirmala, Sambhasan Banerjee, Mohammed Imthiyaz & M.Sridevi, Department of Biotechnology, VMKVEC, Salem) was selected as First Prize under this category.
The Prize was received from Prof. R.K Khandal, Former- Vice-Chancellor, Uttar Pradesh Technical University in Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanjavur.
3. One of our Projects entitled "IOT based Automatic LPG Gas Leakage Detector" has been submitted for Chief Minister's Award for Excellence in E-governance for Students
Abstract of the Project :
A cost-effective, automatic Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) leakage detection and real time gas monitoring system is proposed in this Project. The LPG leakage is detected through the sensor and information is sent to the user by Short Message Service (SMS) and simultaneously alerts the customer using a GSM and IOT module, while activating the alarm and exhaust fan. The additional advantage of the system is that it continuously monitors the level of the LPG present in the cylinder using weight sensor and automatically books the cylinder using a GSM and IOT module.
News & Events
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Science and Humanities
- Management Studies