Annapoorna Central Library
The Central library has been built to International standards, spreads over to ground plus two floors with an area of 12,000 sqft. It is centrally air-conditioned. It has specialized collections of Books, Journals & other resources in Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Biotechnology, Science & Humanities and Management. The collection includes books, back volumes, CDs\ DVDs. The Central Library subscribes to national and international journals in print and e-Journals.
Vision: The Central Library aims at an Excellent Storehouse of knowledge by providing an easy access to information resources for Technical learning and Research community. It is also committed to user focus services, fairness, and innovation, professional integrity and social responsibility.
Mission: Central library makes maximum use of dependable with Center on the needs of Educational and Research activities of our students. It maintains a close relationship with students and faculties to co-ordinate the range of academic information and other related services.
- Selecting, acquiring, organizing, maintaining and making accessible a collection of printed and non-printed, materials that will support the Educational, Research and public service programme of both students and the faculty.
- Responding to the changeable needs of the academic community by involving the faculty, the students and the administration in the development and periodic consideration of the library services and resources.
- Providing library users with point-of-use instruction, personal assistance in conducting literature research and other reference services.
- Providing an environment conducive to the optimum use of library materials and an appropriate schedule of hours of service and professional assistance
Standard Text books and Reference books by well-known authors are stacked, and every effort is made to obtain all titles recommended by the library committee which consists of Principal, HoDs, Librarian and student’s representative. Multiple copies of popular books are bought to make them available to as many students as possible.
|Resources||Number of Volumes||Number of Titles|
|DELNET Proquest -Engineering and Technology||105||105|
|DELNET - Proquest Management||130||130|
Library Automation: The central library has automated its entire collection, functions and services in a network environment with Autolib version 5.1 developed By Auto lib software systems. The OPAC has facilitated the users with quick and easy access to information related to availability and status of a document and book reservation and renewal.
Digital Library:Digital library has 30 systems with net facility. Electronic Resource Management package for e-journals: we are the subscriber of Delnet and other e–journals as IEEE –17 Society (53 (Journals), DELNET ProQuest Engineering / Technology ) DELNET ProQuest Management Collection.
- All faculties and students entering the Annapoorna Central Library are required to sign the Gate Register kept for this purpose exclusively.
- Faculties, staff members and students must become members of the Library by submitting the proper application duly signed by the Department Head and the Principal to avail of the Library facilities.
- Keep all books, note books and bags on the steel shelf kept outside library premises.
- Obey the library staff instructions
- Cell phones should be switched off and kept in silent mode.
- Maintenance of Utmost silence is a must.
- Causing inconvenience to other library users is strictly prohibited.
- Do not enter into the library wearing Jeans pants and “T” Shirts.
- Borrowing books on other’s account is not allowed.
News & Events
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Science and Humanities
- Management Studies