Department of Biotechnology was established in the year 2005 with the following Aim and Objectives
Biotechnology programme is aimed to produce young technocrats with a strong foundation in Biological Sciences and Engineering technologies. The programme promotes education and research in Biotechnology and provide academic and professional excellence for immediate productivity in industrial, governmental, or clinical settings for an ultimate benefit of society and environment and also enable the students to pursue higher studies.
- To develop academic excellence in the field of Biotechnology to cater the need of modern Industry
- Providing hands on experience in various laboratory techniques and sophisticated analytical instruments and offering placement training.
- To enhance the skills of students for higher quality biotechnology through research
- To initiate a level of attitude in graduates that will provide solutions to environmental, industrial, agricultural and health based problems.
Dr. M. Sridevi
Professor & Head
- An ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering.
- Graduates of the program will be having solid background in modern biology and advanced bioprocess technology and be able to use these tools in the fields of food Industry, Dairy industry, Agricultural, Pharmaceuticals, Central Research Institutes, manufacturing units of Medical devices, Clinical Laboratory etc wherever necessary.
- An ability of engineering solutions to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as Economic, Environmental, Social, Political, Ethical, Health care and Safety, Manufacturability, and Sustainability.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- B.Tech. - Biotechnology (Full Time)
UG (Full Time) - Curriculum & Syllabus
B.E (BioTechnology) FT: 2017 (I Sem) 2017 (II Sem) 2016 2015 2012
B.E (Full Time): 2017 2016 2015 2012
News & Events
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Science and Humanities
- Management Studies