The Department of Civil Engineering under VMKV Engineering College was formed as an individual Branch/Department during the academic year 2004-05, under the Vinayaka Missions Research Foundation Deemed to be University (Vinayaka Missions University), Salem.
- Civil Engineering is a wide field and includes many types of structure such as residential buildings, public buildings, industrial building, roads, bridges, tunnels, railway, dams, and canal ,airport, harbours, and ports, water treatment plant, water supply network and drainage network
- The main role of civil Engineering or the task of civil Engineering is Planning, Designing, Estimating, Supervising Construction, Managing construction, execution and maintenance of structure.
- An ability to recognize the importance of civil Engineering professional development by pursuing postgraduate studies or face competitive examinations that offer challenging and rewarding careers in computing.
Dr. T. Subramani
Professor & Head
Prof. C. Kathirvel
Course Coordinator / Civil
- Under Graduate Programmes (Full Time & Part Time)
- B.Tech., - Civil Engineering
- Post Graduate Programmes (Full Time & Part Time)
- M.Tech. - Structural Engineering.
- M.Tech. - Environmental Engineering.
- M.Tech. - Construction Engineering & Management.
- M.Tech. - Irrigation, Water Management and Resources Engineering.
- M.Tech. - Real Estate and Valuation
News & Events
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Science and Humanities
- Management Studies