The Mechanical Engineering Department was started in the year 1987 along with the inception of the college and was affiliated to Madras University from 1987 to 1998, Periyar University from 1998 to 2002 and Anna University from 2002 to 2004 as per the Government direction and was approved by AICTE.
In the year 2004 the college was upgraded as the constituent college of Vinayaka Missions Research Foundation (Deemed to be University), Salem in the year 2004 duly approved by the University Grants Commission of India.
The department has been certified by ISO 9001-2000 in the year 2004 for the quality deployment. The department possesses a good team of well qualified, experienced and hard working faculty members with industrial teaching and Research background. The department has well equipped laboratories and workshop having the latest machinery, equipments and sophisticated instruments. The department conducts various programmes like seminars, conferences, workshops, symposiums etc.
- To attain and ensure International acclaim & excellence on par with the need of the hour in all spheres of Education, Research & Technology.
- To continue to be a front-runner in uplifting the rural and backward sections of the Nation & the World, contributing significantly for the welfare of mankind through Education, Research & Technology.
- To offer a wider exposure to mould their talents, to built a prosperous society and nation.
Prof. N. Rajan
Course Coordinator / Mechanical
- The students are exposed to the latest Engineering & Technological advancement to take up higher studies, research, and innovation.
- The students are equipped with knowledge, Entrepreneurial skill and competence to stand up to any challenges in the spheres of Science, Engineering, Technology and Management.
- The students will have strong ethical and professional responsibility and adhering quality.
- The students will have best employability skill
- The department will become an institution of excellence internationally and improve continually by matching the needs of the Society
- B.Tech. - Aeronautical Engineering
- B.Tech. - Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech. - Mechanical Engineering
- M. Tech. - Manufacturing Engineering.
UG (Full Time & Part Time) - Curriculum & Syllabus (Regulations)
B.E (Mech) FT: 2017 (I Sem) 2017 (II Sem) 2016 2015 2012
B.E (Mech) PT: 2017 2016 2012
P.G (Full Time & Part Time) - Curriculum & Syllabus
M.Tech (Mech) FT: 2016 2015 2012
M.Tech (Mech) PT: 2016 2015 2012
B.E (Full Time): 2017 2016 2015 2012
B.E (Part Time): 2017 2016 2015 2012
M.E (Full Time / Part Time): 2017 2016 2015 2012
News & Events
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Science and Humanities
- Management Studies