Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-graduation of institutions of higher education, NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution's system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institution by channelizing all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent & catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- To ensure timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- To maintain the relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- To provide equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- To optimize and integrate modern methods of teaching and learning.
- To give credibility of evaluation procedures.
- To ensure adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- To share research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.