Vision:"Transferring Every Student's Dream in to Reality”.
Mission:“To Empower Students to Meet Industry Challenges and Enhance Their competence”.
At VMKVEC, we always believe in equipping our students with the right talent and personality to face the industry requirements. Our focus on placement cell is creating new approaches to attract the best from the industry to our campus.
Placement & Training Cell aims at enhancing the confidence and developing the right attitude in the students and extending its services across various disciplines of the university since its inception. Personality Development is the Primary focus of the training which aims at holistic development of students.
The Training program is compulsory for all Engineering graduates and it is offered from first Semester to sixth semester. Program is well structured and aligned with the curriculum spread over the entire graduation course. It helps every student to enhance their personality and ensures them as they are industry ready and ensureexcellentplacementtrackrecordtilldate.
A Psychometric test administered to the student clearly maps the various levels of essential skills required by them and it does further enable them to know the areas they need to work upon. Information regarding the Future Career Options of the students is asked for and the right support based on their choice is provided. The main focus of the Placement and Training Cell is to provide the best of minds to the society thus enhancing not only the students' attitude but also in enriching our nation with the right kind of citizens.
The cell consist faculty members with varied specializations and vast and rich experience. The faculty members extend their expertise of employability skills training. Based on their requirements the modules have been customized and delivered in a professional manner to cater to their needs. In addition to the house training experts from various industries and fields have been organized to prepare the students community according to the industry standard. The training has been highly appreciated and has been useful to the studentstochoosetheircareer.
The objectives of Placement & Training Cell are manifold. They include:
- To enrich Technical knowledge, decision making skills and Personality of the learning community to meet out the corporate recruitment process.
- To motivate students to plan for their future vision, by career planning, goal setting and reskilling which, will mould them in good standard even after getting the job as a continuous process.
- To motivate interested students to prepare for higher studies and guiding them to take competitive examinations such as CAT, GATE, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT and IELTS.
- To guide maximum number of aspiring students through Campus & Off-campus recruitment process in the top notch companies.
- To Conduct Annual Job Fair and campus pool to facilitate students from all over the country apart from our own students to get an opening in top companies irrespective of the institutions they belongs to.
The students are trained to attain the objectives through a variety of programmes run by the Placement & Training Cell such as:
- Industry Institute Programmes - Corporate leaders from leading industries are invited regularly to interact with students. Very recently our institution has entered into an understanding with the IT Majors Infosys Technologies Ltd., Chennai for setting up of their facilities in our institution campus which will facilitate Training and onward recruitment of our students in these IT Majors through their Campus Connect Programs.
- Various Training Programmes are organized to train the students in the areas of Aptitude & Soft Skills Training, Behaviour Assessment for the students, Career Counseling & Psychometric Assessments, and Verbal through the Reputed External Training centers and in-house trainers. In Addition to this, NASSCOM, AMCAT assessments are provided to the students to improve their self esteem.
- Technical training programmes are being conducted by Technical experts with their specialization that provide Internship and placement as its impact according to the need of the Industry Specific.
- Language learning programmes to train students in developing their communication skills and foreign language skills such as German, Japanese and French using the language lab.
- Training through Mock Interviews & Group Discussions through External Experts for students to perform well in the professional interviews as per the expectations of the corporate world.
- Training, Faculty members for effective class room handling and micro level teaching, through Infosys Campus Connect Faculty Development program and ICTACT’s Various Faculty Development Program.
- Career Oriented Training Programmes with placements are provided by Front Line Electronics, Amity Soft Chennai, Ramco Systems, Chennai, and Taneja Aerospace and Aviation Ltd., Bangalore are some of them.
News & Events
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Science and Humanities
- Management Studies